|Huckleberry aka "Lulu"|
1. For those of you who have asked, there are no current plans for a third BANDIA book, but I would love to write one. It's just a matter of finding time with other projects that I'm working on.
2. I am working on other novels, but nothing I can talk about yet. There is one, in particular, that I'm dying to share...
3. We lost our beloved Saint Bernard Huckleberry to Addison's Disease last year. He was the inspiration for Lulu in SPIES AND PREJUDICE, and he passed away just before the book came out. He was only four, and we will always miss him.
4. We rescued a six year old Saint Bernard in January. Ninja is giant and a little quirky. He will protect his food from robins and bullfrogs by barking like crazy, but he had no reaction to a rattlesnake in the living room- as long as it stayed away from his bowl, he was cool. I, on the other hand, screamed and flailed and generally panicked until the snake wrangler arrived and took the snake away. The snake retreated to a corner and from what I can tell, napped.
|Ninja on guard|
5. I've gotten the opportunity to meet so many bloggers and readers and fellow book lovers. Reading and writing can be so solitary, but sharing stories with you is amazing!
6. As some of you know, I've been blogging over at YA Muses for the last four years about writing and publication. I'm planning to post archives from the blog on Fridays beginning in August, so stay tuned.
Hope your year is full of happiness and books!